What is coconut water? Is it useful? What are its benefits to human health? Coconut water is gaining popularity among many people who are already better acquainted with this product. It is filled with concentrations of electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals, and you can buy it just about anywhere.
Traditional Ayurvedic medicine believes that this tropical drink helps digestion, urination and even semen production. In the tropical regions around the world, coconut water was used to treat dehydration and given as ceremonial gifts throughout the tropics. To make sure that this tropical drink is effective, we have prepared a list of 7 health reasons to drink coconut water. Let’s check them out!
1. Sports Drink
- Coconut water is an excellent alternative to sports drinks that can contain sugar, food coloring or artificial sweeteners.
- Many studies have shown that coconut water can help you keep hydrated and help replenish fluids after a run.
- This tropical drink does not cause nausea or an upset stomach during exercising since water or traditional sports drinks can do.
- You just need to avoid coconut water with added sugars because they prevent proper hydration and add unnecessary calories.
2. Coconut Water is Low in Calories
- This tropical drink is a great substitute for higher calorie drinks like sodas or juice since a cup of coconut drink contains only 45 calories.
- The fact is, coconut water contains less sugar and carbs than most juices and beverages.
- It is also full of minerals and electrolytes like sodium and potassium.
- A glass of coconut water is packed with as much potassium as a banana.
- At 405 mg per cup, the potassium in coconut water can help you ward off cramps.
- You need potassium because it helps keep fluid and electrolyte balance in the body, especially during exercise.
- Since coconut water contains a large amount of potassium, it can help you balance out sodium’s effect on blood pressure and possibly even help lower it.
4. Calcium and Magnesium
- Pay attention to drinking coconut water, since it contains calcium and magnesium, which are vital for bones and teeth.
- Calcium helps muscles contract and work properly.
- Magnesium helps to move calcium and potassium into muscles to aid in contraction and relaxation.
- It also helps with energy production and supports organ function.
- In fact, coconut water contains less than 5 percent of your recommended amount of both calcium and magnesium.
- Coconut water contains antioxidants that help to neutralize oxidative stress and free radicals created by exercise.
- In order to get the highest levels of antioxidants, you just need to drink fresh coconut water.
- A recent study showed that processed and heat pasteurized coconut water has fewer antioxidants.
6. Amino Acids
- Amino acids are essential for repairing tissues and are the building blocks of protein.
- And in fact, coconut water contains more alanine, arginine, cysteine, and serine than cow’s milk.
- It’s a major source of arginine, an amino acid that helps your body respond to stress.
- Arginine also helps keep the heart healthy.
- Cytokinins are hormones that help plants grow, and they are also found in coconut water.
- It is believed that cytokinins have anti-aging and cancer-fighting properties.
- However, to date, no major study has shown that coconut water protects against cancer.
The post Here Are 7 Health Reasons To Drink Coconut Water!!! appeared first on .