For most people, a healthy breakfast recipe has three components:
A serving of a whole-grain carbohydrate, a serving of a dairy or high-calcium food, and a serving of fruit. Together, that’s roughly 300 calories. A high-protein serving (like meat or an egg) is fine as long as it doesn’t add too much fat or calories. Try these quick combos:
- A bowl of high-fiber, multigrain cereal, lots of strawberries, and low-fat milk
- A granola bar, an apple, and low-fat milk
- Nonfat yogurt, fresh blueberries, and a slice of whole-wheat toast with fruit spread
- A mini whole-wheat bagel, spread lightly with cream cheese and jam; a peach; and a cup of yogurt
- Scrambled egg on a whole-wheat roll, with fresh fruit salad and a cup of low-fat milk
- A low-fat muffin, a wedge of cantaloupe, and a cup of latte made with skim milk.
Here are 11 healthy breakfast ideas that aren’t eggs.
The post 27 Healthy Breakfast Recipes You Can Use Today appeared first on Reader's Digest.